kappa delta

alpha alpha CHAPTER

FOLLOW KAPPA DELTA:

Chapter website: michiganstate.kappadelta.org/

National website: www.kappadelta.org/

Twitter: @KDmichiganstate

Tumblr: kdmichiganstate.tumblr.com
Instagram: @kdmichiganstate

QUICK FACTS ABOUT KAPPA DELTA:

Nickname: K-D
Chapter house address: 528 M.A.C.
Date founded: October 23, 1897
Color(s): Olive Green and Pearl White 

Mascot/Symbol: Nautilus Shell, White Rose, Dagger,Teddy Bear

ABOUT KAPPA DELTA AT MICHIGAN STATE:

Kappa Delta is a national sorority with nearly 230,000 members. We are committed to providing opportunities and experiences that build confidence and inspire women to action. We make incredible things happen in women's lives, on campuses and in communities across the country. Kappa Delta inspires its members to reach their potential by offering opportunities for leadership, personal development, academic success and community service, all in the context of true friendship. 

 

The women of Kappa Delta sorority pride themselves with their Open Motto-- striving for that which is honorable, beautiful and highest. The Alpha Alpha chapter is committed to holding our time-honored values at the highest importance while providing opportunities and experiences that inspire our women to greatness. Being a Kappa Delta signifies community involvement, leadership and a genuine sisterhood that goes far beyond one’s college years.

GPA REQUIREMENT:  Incoming Freshmen 3.2; Actives 2.8


PHILANTHROPY EVENT: SHAMROCK EVENT

Since 1981, Kappa Delta has been a proud supporter of Prevent Child Abuse America, an organization founded by the late Donna Stone, one of our own Kappa Delta sisters. Every spring the ladies of the Alpha Alpha chapter of Kappa Delta at Michigan State University host an annual Shamrock Event. For the past two years Kappa Delta has held a Carnival as the Shamrock Event. The event benefits local affiliates and chapters of Prevent Child Abuse America with 80% of our proceeds from the event going towards our local Child Abuse Prevention centers in Lansing and the remaining 20% going towards Prevent Child Abuse America, Kappa Delta's national philanthropy, to raise public awareness about child abuse.

In 1998, Kappa Delta began a national collaboration with Girl Scouts, an organization of over three million girls. With this partnership, Kappa Delta became the first and only National Panhellenic Conference group to adopt the Girl Scouts as a national philanthropy. Girl Scouting builds girls of courage, confidence and character, who make the world a better place. The same could be said for Kappa Delta as it relates to young women. With common values and a commitment to leadership development, Kappa Delta and Girl Scouts are sisters at heart. Girl Scouts provides Kappa Delta members opportunities for face-to-face volunteering with the local troops. Popular KD Girl Scout events are self-esteem and anti-bullying workshops, cookie sales, campus tours, International Girls Day celebrations and an annual overnight event at the Meridian Mall.

CONTACTS:

President:

Abbey Rhodes

rhodesab@msu.edu

Recruitment Chair:

Grace Lamerson

gracelamerson21@gmail.com

Philanthropy Chair:

Annie Oleesky

oleeskya@msu.edu

AWARDS:

2019 CALENDAR YEAR

Scholastic Excellence Award

2015 CALENDAR YEAR:                   

Chapter of the Year (Emerald Cup)

Recruitment

Membership Education

Public Relations

 

2018 CALENDAR YEAR: 

2018 Chapter of the Year Award

2018 Service and Philanthropy Award

2016 CALENDAR YEAR:

Public Relations & Communications Award

Membership & Leadership Development Award

2014 CALENDAR YEAR:

Chapter of the Year (Emerald Cup)

Community Relations

Membership Education

  • facebook
  • Twitter Round
  • Instagram - Black Circle
  • Pinterest - Black Circle